Quality Forest Products for Global Markets
Interex Forest Products Ltd. (Interex) was established in 1993 as the overseas export marketing arm for three well-known Western Canadian Lumber products manufacturers and one global OSB panel manufacturer (our member companies).
We are owned exclusively by Carrier Lumber Ltd., Dunkley Lumber Ltd., Millar Western Forest Products Ltd., and Norbord Inc. Some of these companies have export histories dating back to 1974. Since that first year of operation in 1993, Interex has shipped Oriented Strand Board (OSB) structural panels and Spruce-Pine-Fir (SPF) lumber products to key overseas markets such as Japan, China, Korea, and other Pacific Rim countries, as well as to the Middle East and South American, South Asian and European countries.
We also provide a complementary and broad range of forest products through exclusive marketing agreements and a competitive brokerage business, adding value and product lines from well-established and reliable forest products manufacturers. These include Western Red Cedar for interior and exterior applications, Douglas-fir, European Whitewood, and Redwood. We also offer unique metric programs for specific furniture, concrete forming, crating/pallet and other non-structural industrial applications.
Since our inception in 1993, the business has grown by delivering products with consistent quality that meet market expectations, and by adding new products that fit changing market needs, all with a strategic, consistent, and competitive approach to the market.
All of our member companies are committed to sustained yield forestry management utilizing environmentally sound techniques, and are PEFC™ or SFI® Chain of Custody (CoC) certified. Interex is able to provide CoC-certified products to customers upon request.
We are Interex Forest Products – Our Mission
At Interex Forest Products we:
- place the greatest value on our member companies’ support, and have a mandate to market, sell, and deliver their products overseas, maximizing volumes with programs that satisfy customers wants and needs over the long term;
- value the highly prized relationships we have with our customers, only earned by the products we supply and the support we provide;
- value the close working relationship we have with our other suppliers, which complement our existing member companies’ product mix;
- fairly compensate and give clear instructions with expectations to the vendors who support our business and help to make our export programs successful;
- provide a safe and rewarding environment for our employees, allowing individuals to grow with the company and provide creative, insightful solutions for the challenges that we face.