Interex Forest Products Ltd. (“Interex”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information Interex collects from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us through our website. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information. This privacy complies with all applicable privacy legislation, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the BC Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”).
“Contact Information” is information that enables an individual to be contacted at a place of business, including their name, position, business telephone number, business address, business e-mail or business fax number.
“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include contact information or work product information.
Interex’s privacy officer is at privacyinterexfp.com
Information that Interex May Collect from You:
Interex may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information provided by you if you use our website to register or to subscribe to our service or requesting further services from us.
- If you contact Interex, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Interex may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you use our website, Interex may collect information about your computer including your IP address and browser type. This is statistical data about our users browsing action and patterns and does not identify any individual. To the extent that this information can be considered to be personal information, it is used solely for the purposes of administering our website and is not disclosed for any other purpose except as described in this website.
- If you use our website, Interex may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file stored on the hard drive of your computer to improve the personalized service of our website. You may refuse to accept these cookies, however if you select this setting, it may affect your usage of the website.
Uses of Your Personal Information:
Interex may use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that contents in the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information you request from Interex.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of Information:
Interex may disclose your personal information to any of its shareholders.
Interex will not sell, share, transfer or rent your personal information for secondary purposes.
Interex may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event Interex sells or buys a new business or assets, in which case Interex may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer where it is reasonably required for the due diligence process or for the closure of the transaction.
- If the company is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information under a legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply its contractual agreements or without your consent pursuant to any of the exceptions in the BC PIPA or the PIPEDA.
Storage of Your Personal Information:
You have the right to access information held about you in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. You may also request that we correct personal information that we hold about you subject to applicable privacy legislation.
Any changes Interex may make in the future will be posted on our website and where appropriate notified to you by e-mail.